Physical Therapy Services
What is Physical Therapy?
Your MSPT therapist uses observation and palpation to measure flexibility, strength, balance and coordination. Asymmetry and faulty biomechanics can lead to restricted motion and pain. Manual therapy techniques such as joint mobilization, isometric facilitation and neuromuscular re-education can effectively free up restrictions and abolish symptoms. Physical therapy procedures are specifically designed to enhance the home exercise and postural retraining programs that allow you to independently manage your condition.
Evidence Based Practice
Providing comprehensive manual physical therapy with specialized care for jaw problems, headaches, dizziness, post concussion syndrome and/or neck pain.
Recommended articles include:
- “Know Brain = Know Gain, A Biopsychosocial Exercise”
- “How to Handle Your Headache”
- “Pathoanatomical Characteristics of Temporomandibular Dysfunction: Where Do We Stand? A Literature Review: Part 1 (Butts et al, 2017a)
- “Conservative Management of Temporomandibular Dysfunction: A Literature Review with Implications for Clinical Practice Guidelines: Part 2” (Butts et al, 2017b)
- “Words That Harm, Words That Heal”